Look for the Top Ten ®
As a leading breeder in the industry, Danziger ascribes great importance to testing the breeding varieties in the various USA and European trial sites. Some of these locations are on select university grounds, others - on private trial sites. The sites selected are located in diverse climate zones, in order to provide the best possible broad and true coverage for the growing conditions existing in our customers' unique production locations throughout the USA and Europe.
This website page displays our leading 10 and 20 varieties as were rated in the different USA* & European* sites. Look for the Top Ten® Trade Marked award winning varieties.
Varieties in the Top Ten® category for 2011 include the varieties in the following two groups:
Top 10 Danziger varieties:
1. Portulaca Pazzaz™ Tangerine 2. Salvia Sallyfan™ Blue Emotion
3. Petunia Ray™ Purple Vein 4. Angelonia Alonia™ White
5. Portulaca Pazzaz™ Vivid Yellow 6. Angelonia Alonia™ Dark Blue
7. Angelonia Alonia™ Pleasant Pink 8. Portulaca Pazazz™ Jumbo White
9. Euphorbia Diwali™ Shower 10. Petunia Littletunia™ Shiraz
Top 20 Danziger varieties:
Additional ten varieties to the above list:
1. Portulaca Pazazz™ Red Flare 2. NGI SunHarmony™ Salmon
3. Petunia Ray™ Purple 4. Otomeria O'premiera™ pink (USPPA No.61/563,105)
5. Petunia Littletunia™ Rose 6. Petunia Littletunia™ White Grace
7. Salvia Sallyfun™ Blue Tune 8. Angelonia Alonia™ Blue
9. NGI Sun Harmony™ Purple 10. Otomeria O'premiera™ Ruby
We strongly recommend including all or many of these award winning Danziger varieties to your seasonal elite or direct sales order from us.
* USA sites: Ohio State University, Penn State University, University of Georgia, Colorado State University, Rakers Acres and The Dallas Arboretum.
* European sites : Bayerische Landesanstalt für Weinbau und Gartenbau,
Staatliche Lehr- und Versuchsanstalt für Gartenbau Heidelberg (LVG)
Verwaltung and State Horticultural College and Research Institute